Friday, November 29, 2013

Friends Thanksgiving

I came across this post which ranked all the "Friends" Thanksgiving episodes from worst to best. I disagreed with some of them so I wanted to make my own list!

So there are 10 seasons therefore there are 10 episodes (technically only 9).


To see the original post, check it out here.




List by season:



Season 1: The One Where Underdog Gets Away
Season 2: The One With the List
Season 3: The One With the Football
Season 4: The One With Chandler in a Box
Season 5: The One With All the Thanksgivings
Season 6: The One Where Ross Got High
Season 7: The One Where Chandler Doesn’t Like Dogs
Season 8: The One With the Rumor
Season 9: The One With Rachel’s Other Sister
Season 10: The One With the Late Thanksgiving

Rankings:


10. The One with the List







Although this episode is an important factor to Ross and Rachel's relationships, it really isn't focused on Thanksgiving, so I can't give it a high ranking.

Episode Highlights:
Phoebe's song about Neil, Betty and Loolie
Chandler's short story with Rachel's name in it




9. The One Where Chandler Doesn’t Like Dogs



Mr. Clunkers





This episode has its funny moments but I never cared much for Tag. It's an okay story line but not the strongest. I'm ranking this as number 9 because it is more Thanksgiving-y than The one with the List.

Episode Highlights:
The States game, Joey wins with 56 states
"It's a moo point."
Phoebe screaming at Chandler, "wash your hands!" "how did you know?!"

8. The One with Chandler in a Box




I kind of feel bad by ranking these episodes because of the guests in the episode. Season 4 is one of my favorite seasons but I hate Cathy. I'm not really sure why, but I never liked her! I love watching Chandler and Joey's friendship and Dr. Burke is very good looking, but Cathy is just ehh.....

Episode Highlights:
Joey's Italian
"Fine, judge all you want to, but married a lesbian, left a man at the altar, fell in love with a gay ice dancer, threw a girls wooden leg in the fire, living in a box!"


7. The One with All the Thanksgivings









The Buzzfeed post had this ranked as number 1. Although every scenario are based around Thanksgiving, you'd think it would the ultimate Thanksgiving episode. However, I'm really measuring by laughing factor. But I do love me some Ross and Chandler college roommate bonding. 

Episode Highlights:
"You finally made her full!"
"Of course they did, they are made from wicker."
Chandler and Monica's first "I love you"



 6. The One Where Ross Gets High








Oh Rachel, you weren't supposed to put beef in the trifle. I love most episodes that involve Monica and Ross and their childhood. Minus Monica's outfit in this episode, this is a good one! 

Episode Highlights:
Judy and Jack Gellar, I just love them. Jack's dandruff, and Judy's bluntness..."No you weren't supposed to put beef in the trifle, it did NOT taste good. And Phoebe, I think Jacques Cousteau is dead." 
Eating the trifle and Joey's acting lesson. "MMMMmmmm.....It's good." I say that all the time when I eat things even though no one knows what I'm talking about. 
and of course, "it tastes like feet"

5. The One with Rachel's Other Sister






I had a hard time trying to place this one because this is one of my favorite episodes. The majority of the episode is at the dinner table which is a plus.

Episode Highlights:

Crazy plate lady "no, you're all about the fun."
PHOEBE
Chandler is a good liar, and also giant moron

4. The One Where Underdog Gets Away




The episode that started it all. And the episode that taught me what VD was and the song "Don't Stand So Close to Me"

Episode Highlights:
You said got the Keys. No, I said got the keys? Does anybody even have the keyees?
Joey: I got a question, I don't see any tots
Only dogs can hear you now
Potatoes are ruined, potatoes are ruined, potatoes are ruined

 3. The One With the Rumor








Brad Pitt. Enough said.

Episode Highlights:
My two greatest enemies, Rachel Green and complex carboyhydrates
Phoebe: Come on Will, just take off your shirt and tell us
Joey's turkey, you are my everest
Ross's kiss, she didn't look 50...Chandler: Did she look 16?

2. The One with the Football









This is by far the most "iconic" Thanksgiving episode and it is one of my all time favorite episodes. Again, anything with the Gellars cracks me up. It was a tough call but growing up I remember being really freaked out by the Dutch girl which is why I placed this at number two. 

Episode Highlights:
 The Gellar Cup
Cheater, cheater, compulsive eater
Come on you hairy back mary's
You dated a guy with a glass eye too? 
I thought you said you knew what you were doing. Phoebe: I thought you meant in life
In the huddle: So what do you guys really think about Chandler

1. The One with the Late Thanksgiving








Season 10 is my number 1. This one was one of those where I was constantly laughing at all the joke and even now it still makes me laugh.

Episode Highlights:
The floating heads
Joey's stare
When Chandler says it's not fair to them to have to do Thanksgiving every year, Joey: you don't put words into people's mouths, you put turkey into people's mouths!
Aleisha May Emory, the waiting, the wondering...then one day I got a call from Toys R' Us, she was in stock!
Rock, paper, scissors, fire...water balloon
Joey's hand-Ross: for the love of god take it off! 
The vein 

Another half-assed post but I wanted to do something short and sweet and fun. I love Friends and I can't believe it's been almost 10 years since it's been on the air and 20 when it first started! Still hoping and praying for a reunion movie even though they've already said they wouldn't do one. 




Sincerely, 












No comments:

Post a Comment