Tuesday, February 26, 2013

A very late travel abroad blog

Well, I haven't been doing well with blogging once a week. And I'm going to kind of cheat because I'm writing going to blog about my study abroad experience that happened almost 2 years ago and I already wrote it in my journal but now I'm going to transfer it to this (excluding some events that my father probably wouldn't want to know).

My fasha dropping me off at the air port!!


So here we go:

July 5, 2011

I'm sitting in the O'Hare airport right now. I still have 1.5 hours before I board for my flight to LONDON. Everything seems surreal. I can't believe it's finally here...I'm actually going to London. I need to make sure to take every opportunity to let sink in and have the time of my life. I wish I was gone for a little longer but I wanted to be around my last (sorority) recruitment.

I feel like this trip will be just what I needed. I honestly think if Mom was still here and if I was still with Zack that I wouldn't be here right now. Everything's just hit me at once--realizing how lost I felt and that this one in a lifetime opportunity would never come again and I felt like I had to take it. I'm so grateful Dad has been so supportive. I'm sure he's a lot more nervous that he shows. Mom would've been a HUGE mess. I know she'll protect me while I'm gone and I'll make smart decisions.

Beth got engaged!!! Finally! Her ring is gorgeous, and I got to try it on...although it didn't fit my finger :P  And Kristen is moving to NY and got a job with a PR firm.

I feel my immaturity has been caused by my fear of growing up. I want to have a steady routine and live in the real world but I'm still terrified. I still dont' know what I want to do with my life. But I think I have decided that after college I'm going to try and live in a big city somewhere and experience a new aspect of life. This is the time for me to travel and live in big cities and explore everything that's out there.
(editor's note: that did not happen)
All I know is whatever is supposed to happen will happen. Right now I'm happy, have good friends and having fun.
I'm hoping I can vlog while I'm gone. I also hope I find CHARLIE :) I doubt it but I will be searching.

Hope to write again soon,


Jenna
Here's a video of when I first got to campus. Unfortunately, I don't have many videos since I lost my camera in Prague :(

Editor's note: next journal entry was August 11, 2011.


I'll keep posting about my trip to Europe because it was quite memorable. This can be like my blog series: Jenna goes to London
And I can share some pictures and a lot of anecdotes :)

Thanks for reading :)


Sincerely,







No comments:

Post a Comment