Tuesday, January 1, 2013

A short post about a new year

I don't know what it is about January 1st that inspires people to start over. Obviously it is the first day of a new year but I think we focus too much on new year's resolutions. A very typical and popular resolution is to be healthy. But what I think is funny is that you can start being healthy any day of the year but we emphasize the birth of a new year with being reborn into a new and better self. I think that just sets us up for failure because what happens when you stop trying by March? Are you just going to wait until next January to try again? And come the end of December you are grumpy and upset that the year didn't go as well as you planned but still hopeful the next year will be better.

I really wanted to post something today but I'm lacking intelligent thoughts or words right now


Thanks for reading!

Sincerely,



No comments:

Post a Comment